Category Archives: Sol Survivor Launcher
The Sol Survivor Editor FAQ is a work in progress. I am posting this Getting Started guide to help people dive in. If you have questions, please post them in the Steam Forums and I will reply there and update this post.
1. Locate Improv.exe in the Steam Game Directory
2. From the Entities Box, right click on the SolSurvivorEditor project and select Add New Entity
3. Name your new level, don't use any special case characters
4. Double click the level in the Entities list to open the Level Editor
Setting up your Level
- Change the Environment type to one of the four possible choices. The Terrain will not generate under the Layout Tab until an Environment is selected.
- Choose a Game Mode.
- Survival and Wars do not require that you setup any Waves
- All other game modes need you to setup the Waves that will attack the player in the Waves Tab
- Don't forget to give yourself Starting Mass. I suggest 100 as a starting point.
- Change the Name and Description fields to make your level recognizable.
- I suggest adding a text version like Spiral Doughnut v1.0
Playing your Level
- Once you have layed out a level, you can play it by Exporting it.
- Press the Export button on the Properties Tab.
- The level will be copied to your Custom Maps directory (located in %APPDATA%\SolSurvivor\Maps\).
- Now start up Sol Survivor, create a Multiplayer game of the GameMode that you setup in the Properites Tab and your level will appear on the Dropdown.
- Each time you press Export, it will create a unique Versioned level file.
- I suggest changing the name and description each time you export so you don't get them confused.
- You can press the Delete Previous Versions button to delete all previous versions. This does not delete your level, only the Exported copies.
The next step
Check out the next step: Layout on the next blog.
Did somebody say "MORE FREE STUFF?" Oh yeah… we did.
It's simple! We want to know about who you are, so in exchange for telling us a little about yourself, you have a chance to win some free stuff!
Just fill this guy out (it's not long), and you're entered in the running to win some new LOGITECH GEAR or one of 50 soundtracks to our latest game, Retrovirus!
So get on it and get yourself some free stuff!
Fans and Friends, It is my esteemed honor to release for your pleasure, Cadenza Interactive's second title, Retrovirus. Retrovirus is a six degrees of freedom shooter which sends players into the depths of a computer on a search and destroy mission against an invasive virus. Retrovirus is being created by Cadenza Interactive, the indie studio behind the popular tower defense game Sol Survivor. Players take command of an antivirus program, armed with the tools necessary to erase the virus' very existence from the system. Movement and exploration are core to the gameplay, and players are encouraged to adapt to the demands of a world where free flight is the norm. Of course, the virus is armed to fight back, and first person shooter combat features heavily as players test their level of comfort with movement within the machine environment. Each player is able to customize their antivirus program with different plugins, allowing for a variety of approaches to a given situation. The Retrovirus single player campaign focuses on the core story of the game, with the player's goal being the eradication of the virus and the discovery of its origins. To defeat the virus, the player must solve puzzles, engage in dogfight-style combat, and explore the depths of the virtual world. Retrovirus also features multiplayer modes, designed to engage players' social and competitive sides. Co-operative multiplayer allows players to complete the campaign of the game with a friend, teaming up to restore the system to working order. Competitive multiplayer will focus on the core of the six degrees of freedom shooter, hearkening back to the action-oriented shooters of the late 90's and early 00's. Features:
- Discover movement within a six degrees of freedom environment, free from the limits of traditional gravity-based environments.
- Delve into a two-layered story, exploring the real-world origins of a malicious computer virus and cleansing the inner workings of the infected system.
- Fight battles, complete puzzles and explore an environment built for the free-flying citizens of the computer system.
- Customize an antivirus program, focusing on strength, speed or cunning, with weapons and utilities to suit a variety of play styles.
- Join with a friend to remove the virus from the infected computer by playing the campaign in co-operative mode.
- Compete against other players in a variety of multiplayer modes, testing the limits of combat with six degrees of freedom.
- Retrovirus is available for download on Steam, Desura, GameStop PC Download & w/ Humble Store. You can shop at any of these platforms on Our Store
Thanks to everyone who helped us get here, The Cadenza Interactive Team